Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007

My street, New Years Eve, dusk...

Audra McDonald was broadcast live last night by the good folks at Live From Lincoln Center; imagining my front row, center isle seat was easy thanks to my favorite guilty pleasure purchase of 2006. I raised a delicious cup of Earl Grey tea to the gowned, glamorous New Yorkers and relished the in the moment nature of the live event. The New York Philharmonic sounded perfect with her. I feel that I now have heard an as brilliant version of "I Have Confidence," from The Sound of Music as Ms. Andrews blessed us with back in the day. It was a pleasure to hear Audras version of "Over The Rainbow" with a lone guitar. Pleasure became honor when she admitted to being afraid of the song and never being brave enough to sing it publicly before. It was lovely and so was she.

Happy New Year from Chicago's South Loop.

Proud to ring in the new year with brave Audra, Earl Grey and medium hot Chicago.




2 comments:

Bob said...

Audra was divine, wasn't she? I fell in love all over again.

Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Brava! The perfect way to ring in the new year.