Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bud... if he hasn't rallied by the weekend...

My honestly trusted and soul fused best friend of 21 years is in day five of being very sick.

I'm lucky enough to be able to have a Veterinarian who will come to me. After two heroic, way after hours visits, blood work and urine tests show remarkably good shaped heart, lungs, kidneys, liver and spine. Elevated White Blood Cells made the Doc hunt for tumors last night. He found a swollen right side of Buds back mouth. He prescribed steroid for a shot of life, appetite stimulant, and continued fluids injections daily, antibiotic, nausea mender and vitamin dose. That's one injection with a needle and a drip bag, 4 pills and a dropper in the mouth that Bud and I are living through the last five days. Production remains at full tilt. I steal home to him whenever possible. Doc, Bud and I reassess daily. Tomorrow may bring his turn to spiral upwards.

When all the world is a hopeless jumble

And the raindrops tumble all around

Heaven opens a magic lane

When all the clouds darken up the skyway

There's a rainbow highway to be found

Leading from your window pane

To a place behind the sun

Just a step beyond the rain

"SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW" - lyrics by EH Harburg and music by Harold Arlen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...my good wishes to you both.

me said...

Awwww! Best wishes, from one cat owner to another!

Bob said...

Hugs to you both! From one cat owner to another.

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

IIR, I'm hoping for nothing but the best, especially for you, my friend!