Sunday, February 04, 2007

GO BEARS but also GO to the supermarket DURING THE SUPERBOWL

...Dominicks is a dream during the Bear-full Superbowl. I parked in the first spot by the door and waited nor wanted for anything... except for maybe a loss of the fluorescent lighting and a sense of humbleness. I loathe the Supermarket experience and wish for the comeback of the corner store where I could walk to fresh bread, laundry detergent, butter and a light bulb. When I gather enough courage to enter a Dominicks, I usually go mid-day or midnight to avoid the crowds with shopping carts of issues. The South Loop Dominicks was filled with a handful of female 30somethings this Superbowl evening. No waiting, no idiocy.





The drive home last night was brisk, but I stopped and snapped a few photos of one of my favorite views from the 18th Street Bridge. Bitter cold but rich with team spirit.

1 comment:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

It was also a great evening to go to the Goodman Theatre. Looked like half the audience/subscribers stayed home...