Saturday, February 10, 2007

...one who keeps tearing around

Principal photography for our bigger than it needs to be film is OVER. An exhausted happy dance and big sigh of relief was mandatory for all involved. No tears were shed, but plenty of sweat, mind numbing logistics figuring and no more blood than a band-aid or three... The must have piece of clothing for Chicago Movie makers that I will not be without next winter was insulated, flannel lined, Gortex ski pants. Sub zero temperatures through out filming helped with keeping looky-loos scare, but fashion quickly left the building once filming began. Finding someone on set involved remembering what their eyes looked like. We looked like we were filming a NorthFace commercial. One more week of wrap.

I celebrate with a grand reunion and my first visit to the LA Opera next weekend. Jet Blue will be my magic carpet. The prize is, with a dear friend on each arm, I will escape the real world for one fine evening at The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny

I'm breathless about the whole 48 hours in LA, a city I've spent considerable energy avoiding.

The day after I arrive back in Chicago from la la land and its' richest artistic and personal rewards, I begin the next new big flick. It promises to be the biggest in scope, most expensive circus ride to date. Just when one sleigh ride is over, the Bat beam shines again on Chicago.

3 comments:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

JEALOUS! I'M JEALOUS!

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

I'm green with envy, but thrilled for you! Can't wait to hear all about the show!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're going -- can't wait to hear about it, and your new movie adventures! Such excitement.