Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving Eve




Rush hour tonight...

I'm afraid traffic will not be restored to normal now until after the Holidays. Shoppers, museumers, theatre goers, winter breakers and more fill our sidewalks and city streets. My mind is occupied by watching them drive, walk, gape, laugh, spend, seek and dream - I imagine who they are, what their lives are like and what they think of Chicago. And I wait, wait, wait for them to speed up to the urban pace that I am on...

I do like living downtown... In the thick of it.

Tomorrow morning, 0-dark hundred hours, I join another hundred people and get on an airplane for a very brief visit to the countryside. I can't wait to feel the open air... hear, smell and touch the Atlantic Ocean, and generally enjoy the no agenda feel of Thanksgiving in New England with my family. I expect long walks, deep tubs, good dogs, good stories and lucky people. Too short a visit really. But lucky to be a part of it all.

No comments: