Friday, November 10, 2006

Another hundred people...

"...just got off of the train and came up through the ground. While another hundred people just got off of the bus and are looking around at another hundred people who got off of the plane and are looking at us, who got off of the train and the plane and the bus maybe yesterday..."



Michigan Avenue was swimming through the sea of humanity today.


I could have taken photographs of the movement all day. In fact, a good portion of my day today was photographing this very thing. Such an urban day.

Tomorrow I get on an airplane and take one of a handful of very short weekend airplane riding excursions. I realize now that I have somehow managed to completely avoid getting on an airplane for five years. At least - since 9.11. I didn't really plan it that way, but I was happy to travel by auto or train... and happy to avoid the sea of humanity inside a metal tube, fired by jet fuel, above the clouds. Well tomorrow I leave the another hundred people who got off of the train in Chicago and join the other hundred people who get on the plane and go up in the sky.

2 comments:

Michael Lehet said...

Great "Company" reference.

Yes the new "Company" was amazing, we went to the matinee and really considered trying to find tickets for the evening performance.

Michael Lehet said...

Great "Company" reference.

Yes the new "Company" was amazing, we went to the matinee and really considered trying to find tickets for the evening performance.