Monday, October 15, 2012

...who will buy this beautiful morning?

Trying to sell things on Craigslist. Nothing is selling. I'm fighting demons emotional and demons financial. Courage and fear. More fear than I'm comfortable with.  




I filmed in an actual abandoned insane asylum about 5 years ago. It was a shuttered wing of an opened, state run psychiatric hospital in downstate Illinois. When I look back at the pictures from that era...


...an actual "cell"...
I remember feeling the history, the horror, the hopelessness. I wasn't afraid. I needed courage for other things - not for being inside a loony bin. I was excited to present this amazing location. Today I find myself with less courage than I need. Afraid of going bonkers. I hope my working hard at making it better works. I don't want to feel at home here. I'm tired of being tired. I am not at home with fear.


No comments: