Sunday, October 22, 2006

...rich with marathon runners...

Chicago. Sunday, October 22nd, 2006 in the South Loop... I love living downtown. Even when its inconvenient. The Chicago Marathon ran half a block from my front door this morning. It completely blocked me in with its street closures. 38 degrees, brisk wind and the occasional raindrop did not keep me from the inspiring athletic event happening steps away from my kitchen sink.

CPD cleared Michigan Ave...

First came the wheel chairs...

Then the official time van...

The lead runners ran so fast that I literally missed them!


My corner had cheerleaders!



And, true to South Loop form... lots of good dogs...



...and one cold, royal dog.

It's good to live at Mile 25 of The Chicago Marathon!

1 comment:

Michael Lehet said...

Great photos, I followed the marathon a few years back and put a video of it together, unofortunately it took me longer to get back to the finish line than I had anticipated.

Here it is